Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thrifty Thursday- Banana Republic and Urban Outfitters

This Thursday I have some great items to show you that I recently purchased on sale at Banana Republic and Urban Outfitters. Banana Republic is a great store for tailored basics, and pieces at Urban Outfitters gives some personality to an outfit.  The pieces I purchased will serve both purposes. Some will prove to be neutral basics in my wardrobe and some will give an ordinary outfit some pizazz. 

Take a look:

Banana Republic Factory Store
Pleated tank with silver hardware detailing
I'll wear this top tucked into a slim skirt or printed skinny jeans.

Urban Outfitters Online
Distressed muscle tee
This top will be perfect for a festival. I'll be wearing it to a Blues Festival next weekend. It looks relaxed and a little rock-and-roll.

Urban Outfitters Online
Floral Print Sweatshirt with Cutouts
This is my favorite recent purchase.  I'll wear this on cool nights this summer over a maxi dress or a midi skirt.  It's a sweat shirt, but the cutouts make it look different than any pullover sweatshirt I've ever seen. I bought it a size bigger than I usually wear so it looks relaxed and over-sized.

Urban Outfitters Online
Floral Print Lace-Up Sneakers
I have flat feet and bunions (one repaired, one not), so I can't wear heels.  I'm constantly searching for cute flat shoes.  These are great because of the right-on-trend floral print. I have some outfits planned that incorporate these. I'll wear them with a semi-dressy ensemble to give the look a downtown chic aesthetic.

Banana Republic Factory Store
Slim-Cut Trouser Shorts
These are the perfect shorts.  They'll be a neutral staple in my wardrobe.  The cut is slim through the hips but they don't squeeze my thighs. 

Urban Outfitters Online
 Mustard Mini-Skirt with Side Gathering
Stay tuned for a post with me wearing an outfit that includes this piece! The post will be next Wednesday, when "What I Want Wednesday" changes to "What I Wore Wednesday". Anthony and I will both have some great outfits to show you!

Now take a look at where I'll store my new items and where I'll find the outfits that incorporate them and accessories to accent them:

My closet!
I love my closet because it's a huge walk-in, but somehow with all this space and two dressers, I still don't have enough room for all my clothes! 

And here are some of my beautiful pieces of jewelery. I collect jewelry and much of what I collect is precious metal and genuine gemstone. I find a lot of it online in Etsy stores, at festivals, and flea markets. I also have tons of gorgeous family heirlooms that were boxed up and kept hidden for too long! Now I show them off when ever I can and have breathed new life into those antiques!


  I think that Thrifty Thursday has become one of my favorite days of the week! I love shopping and thinking about how I'll wear what I bought.  Which piece is your favorite? And what would you wear with it?

xoxo
Elle Michele
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment