Thursday, September 6, 2012

Freaky Friday - Fashion Inspired by Horror

As Halloween quickly approaches, and my love of horror movies rules my days, I thought this article I found was the perfect way to prepare! This Telegraph Fashion section article is from last year, but it's always entertaining to see fashion inspired my horror and movie villains!

[[[ How fitting, I'm watching The Omen as I write this one up! ]]]

~-~:::~-~


Lanvin

Inspired by The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz


Yves Saint Laurent

Inspired by Dracula


Dolce & Gabbana

Inspired by Damien from The Omen


Topshop

Inspired by Nina Sayers from Black Swan


Givenchy

Inspired by Catwoman from Batman Returns


Calvin Klein

Inspired by Melanie Daniels from The Birds


Vivienne Westwood

Inspired by Dr. Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs


Topshop

Inspired by Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmatians

~-~:::~-~

Fashion has so many connections --- putting the dots together in this way is hilarious! This gets me very excited for Halloween! Does this give you ideas for an awesome costume?

Ah, I love the fall!


[ Images courtesy of Telegraph Fashion ]
Pin It Now!

2 comments: