Thursday, September 13, 2012

What I Wore..Thursday- Casual Brights

I missed What I Wore Wednesday again, but I can't miss a weekly outfit post! I haven't worn a pair of jeans in months, and although it STILL is not cool enough here in Pennsylvania to wear cool-weather ensembles comfortably, I refuse to keep wearing shorts.

This week I've taken two of summer's most popular trends- brights and color blocking, combined these with fall's denim trend, and styled all three into a casual outfit that transitions from summer to fall.  The sweatshirt I'm wearing in these pictures is quite lightweight, so it wasn't incredibly uncomfortable to wear during an 80 degree day. The sweatshirt, jeans, and sneakers look is a common throw-it-on-and-go college look, but here's my interpretation:







Sweatshirt, Jeans, And Sneakers All- American Eagle Outfitters
Necklaces- Festival Finds


Every Hettie Silovitz hair accessory including my headband can be styled casually as I've styled mine (I enjoy the contrast between formal and casual).  But these hand-made,  one-of-a-kind, impeccably detailed pieces are especially suited for events like parties and weddings.  Hettie makes headbands, barrettes, and fascinators- and has a particular flair for bridal headpieces. If you love her work, then stop by on Sunday for a GIVEAWAY!


What do you think?

xoxo
Elle Michele

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment