Monday, August 13, 2012

Magazine Monday - Spotlighting LUCKY September 2012

Lucky for me, I get magazines in the mail weekly, and lucky for you, I have the September issue of Lucky to spotlight today! I liked the style of paging through the issue with you and stopping at my favorite spots, so we'll do it again!

~-~


Eva Longoria is the gorgeous cover girl on this issue! Really loving the white for fall and those shorts are super cute, the perfect cut, and awesomely sheeny! She looks gorg!

~-~


I had to stop at this ad for Kate Spade. Love the colors and circle theme Kate is working with in her latest ad. I'm a very geometric designer and am just naturally drawn to images like this - including the use of a lot of primary colors. It's perfectly me...and I guess Kate Spade, too. ;)

~-~




I love this feature on women who work at the Nars Cosmetic company! They have awesome tips and look so chic! Can we all work with these lovely ladies?? My favorite tip comes from Sales Manager, Michelle Bello - "Every outfit looks cooler with booties!" - AGREED! :)
(Page 72)

~-~





Another awesome little feature is Four Girls, Four Cities where four ladies from four different cities discuss their favorite places to shop! From London to Paris, or LA to NY, they have a bunch of great places to go! I love that Justine Fairgrieve (CEO of RelativeMO) people watches while grubbing on baked goods in London! Can I join sometime?
(Page 82)
~-~


I'm all about red! It's coming back in a glorious way and I can't wait to see it all over this fall - and I'm not just saying that because red looks good on me!
(Page 117)

~-~


I LOVE metal collars - such an awesome accessory. If you're looking to be more conservative, or add some girlish proper charm to a look, these are PERFECT. I'm a lover of conservative looks on women, and I think this can add a lot to many different types of necklines. Play all day with these!
(Page 124)

~-~




Lucky featured an awesome spread with cool and different shoe alternatives that are becoming popular these days. These three types really caught my eye because I love the charming nature they bring. Booties are my absolute favorite - especially with a dress. I like mixing the hard and soft, and I think they pair so fun together.
(Page 144)

~-~






I'm a sucker for spreads and Lucky doesn't disappoint with this issue! I love the bold colors of this Free Range spread paired with the beautifully rugged scenery. My favorite look is the GORGEOUS BCBG Max Azria red, yellow, and white dress with high black boots. Stunning! I also love the "Get the Look" feature after the spread that gives alternative options to the outfits seen in the Free Range spread. The options are reasonably affordable and perfectly good alternatives!
(Page 204)

~-~




I love opulence and I love past European fashion, so anything nicely inspired by Baroque is perfect for me! I love this gorgeous modern take on Baroque style - they have a perfect mix of conservative looks, pretty looks, and cute looks. I love the structure offered up in this spread - so gorgeous and form enhancing. My absolute favorite look is the STUNNING Burberry mauve lace dress over the AMAZING tiered collar Maison Murasaki shirt - it is unbelievably chic and gorgeous and I can't get enough! The accessories are playfully nice, because this look could read a bit stuffy otherwise. Who doesn't want a wolf head belt?
(Page 222)

~-~

Another glorious magazine post - and another recommendation to pick up a Lucky magazine! They have a lot to offer, as always - inspiration on every page!

What's your favorite current magazine and what did you love about this Lucky issue?


[ Images courtesy of Lucky ]
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Omg I totally just read this at the nail salon and LOVED IT! I am especially craving the Anthropologie collar necklace and I NEED some high heeled loafers, though the ones they posted are a little out of my price range. Gorgeous! Great post!


    Zahra

    http://www.lovezahra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So gorgeous right? What a coincidence, too! ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow - thanks for the preview! I fear that by picking up this issue, my already-growing Fall wish list is going to get longer!

    ~A

    www.startswithstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know - magazines are bad for my budget! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow that Free Range spread is perfect : geometric + color blocking + car coats? How much better could fall start to look right? I completely agree with you regarding the Kate Spade ad, they always look fantastic but I love the retro throwback and the focus on pattern this time round.

    anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. drooooling over the high-heeled loafers. i always forget about this magazine! thanks for the reminder. :) (ps love coming to your blog and having 6 posts to read since you two post everyday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those heels are ridiculously amazing! It is a great magazine! And thanks so much! We like to keep our content fresh! :)

      Delete