Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Twofer Tuesday - High Collars & Turtlenecks

An awesome trend that I'm very fond of for Fall 2012 is high neck garments (high collars/turtle necks).

Marni

Marni

Maison Martin Margiela

Jean-Charles de Castelbajac

I always found high collars appealing. I like the conservative aspect that it can create, but also the edge it can add to a garment by covering the neck, and showing more skin in other places (I do think too much skin is a bad thing, if you cover one spot, you can open up another!) It can also create a lot of structure, whether it be paired with a full sleek look, or counterbalancing a flowy bottom. There's a lot to work with!

Now, I'm sure many of us can't afford these cool and interesting looks, but luckily, there are cheaper options for the fall! Shop away!

Jack & Jones Vintage Sweater with Roll Neck - $115.99

Do you think these options are fitting? Do you love this trend?

Again - I can't wait for the fall!

@Anthony_Carmen

[ Images courtesy of TheFashionSpot, ASOS, H&M, Urban Outfitters ]

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Maison Martin Margiela´s wonderful, so simple yet so strong :))

    I love turtlenecks and huge collars. Turtlenecks are practical, huge collars are dramatic :))

    *GET MY FASHION E-BOOKS*

    just JE NE SAIS QUOI
    Independent Fashion Bloggers
    Follow my blog with Bloglovin
    about.me/Jesika + Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Jean-Charles de Castelbajac reminds me a little of a straight jacket, but for some reason I like it anyway. what i REALLY love is the LAB:CO high-neck sweatshirt - if only it were for ladies... thanks for posting "affordable" options that actually live up the definition of affordable!

    http://broadswithbrains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you like some! I love the LAB:CO sweatshirt too! I might have to pick it up! :)

      Delete
  3. I cannot wait for fall to come!!! LOve the high collar clothing!:)

    EDGYMIX New Post-Malawi-By the Lake

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving high collars! Especially JEWELED high collars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Love this post and jeweled collars- makes me wish for fall weather! Almost!

    zahra

    www.lovezahra.com

    ReplyDelete