Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Twofer Tuesday- Golden Goddess, Fall Trend Alert!

Gold clothing is by no means a new idea for the Fall 2012 season. It was an extremely popular choice for full- length evening gowns in the 1970's, actually. Trends are almost always recycled. However, for this season we see gold clothing in interesting silhouettes like close-fitting low-cut maxi dresses, and in many different shades- from shiny and dramatic, to muted and matte.

On the runway we saw tons of gold for the upcoming season, and all of the looks were dramatic. But for the real girls on the street, we can mix a shiny gold piece with more muted and understated pieces for a fashion-forward, eye-catching, yet completely wearable look. Check out the runway inspiration and real-world affordable gold pieces I've found for you!

On The Runway:
Elie Saab

Alice & Olivia

Marchesa

Get The Look:
American Apparel- Gold Dress ($75.00)

UrbanOG- Gold Studded Loafers($29.20)

ASOS- Gold Snake-Print Skirt ($66.28)

Forever 21- Gold Top ($17.80)

SheInside.com- Loose Gold Sweater with Sequins ($55.00)

Charlotte Russe- Gold Metallic Legging ($14.99)

2020ave- Golden Woven Shorts ($22.00)

So, do you think you'll mix some gold into your everyday look? I know I will!

xoxo
Elle Michele
@ellemichele88
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Love gold fabrics! Especially in some of the gold Elie Saab gowns. Need more of this trend in menswear =)
    http://anarkalilovesme.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely! I'd love to see some men in gold. Thanks so much for the comment :).

      Delete
    2. Agreed! Men want gold too! :)

      Delete
  2. I think we can all use a bit of gold goddessness in our lives, surely! Except maybe those leggings.... but that's just me and my legs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I bet you have better legs than you think. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Gorg! Watching all of the shows for this upcoming season made me fall in LOVE with gold, and I used to hate it. Fab!

    ReplyDelete