Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday - City Scavenger Hunt

Another What I Wore Wednesday, another day in the life of!

Last week, I went on a fun little scavenger hunt across Center City Philadelphia! I had seen this on Groupon last year, and almost forgot that I purchased it for two! The company is called Stray Boots, and they have scavenger hunts all over the country in major cities. It's a great idea to learn more about the place you're staying! I really don't go downtown too often, so it was nice to learn more about the city!



The Philadelphia Museum of Art! I get to pass these steps everyday on my way to work! I love this place.


We finally got to the city, and I'm a big fan of architecture (I think it coincides with my love for structured clothing?) so I started snapping pictures.


On our way to the starting point of the hunt, we went into a home furnishing store and I couldn't help but be creepy and snap this street style picture! I love this outfit! I'm starting to love denim, and I've hated it for so long!


Our starting point! City Hall!





So anyway, using my iPhone, you just log onto their website with your purchase code, and the clues begin! There's a sample!


We DID have to ask the doormen for a clue to that one...

OUTFIT ALERT:::

Oh, there's me! Taking a picture with the umbrella man (this too was part of the hunt!)

So what did I wear?: An Express military button up, my H&M linen pants (tied up because it was super humid) and boat shoes from Kohl's.

Oh hey, Jack!


So, Stray Boots had us go into the Wanamaker building (now Macy's) and it is INSANE! It was gorgeous and so beautiful! Somehow, Jack started talking with a tour guide lady and she gave us a mini tour and told us all about the building! Did you know it is the largest pipe organ in the world? And there was a team playing it; it always amazes me how they do when the buttons all look so complicated!

The building is also 12 stories and the columns inside run the height of the building! We learned a bunch in there, and it was fun!




We then headed to the Reading Terminal Market, which I've been to a few times, and played with pigs!



We actually never completed the scavenger hunt because we took a wrong turn and it was way too hot to deal with it anymore! Hahaa, but it was fun while it lasted! I'd definitely recommend Stray Boots! It's a great way to learn more about the places you've been!

Where would you like to have a scavenger hunt? And most importantly, what would YOU wear?

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment